Anne Hathaway - Winslet has the edge for her performance...

Anne Hathaway plam springs film festival galaAnne Hathaway says that she is confident Kate Winslet, British actress has the best actress Academy Award in the bag.

Anne Hathaway is nominated in the best actress category for "Rachel Getting Married,". Hathaway said Winslet has the edge for her performance in "The Reader," USA Today reported Saturday.

She said "My category is sewn up," "It's going to be (Kate) Winslet all the way." Hathaway said referring to Sunday's Academy Awards ceremony.

The other nominees of best actress are Angelina Jolie for "Changeling," Melissa Leo for "Frozen River" and Meryl Streep for "Doubt."

Anne Hathaway added that while losing a best actress Golden Globe to Winslet may have been disappointing, Hatahaway thoroughly enjoyed the Jan. 11 Golden Globe awards ceremony.

She said, "The best thing so far has not been winning the Golden Globe. It would have been awesome to win and a lot of people told me I was going to, and when I didn't I realized I was still having a great time," "It didn't matter what would happen to me for the rest of the awards season."

Total Pageviews